WVSubarus.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LSX BRZ

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony
Subie Guru
Tony

Vehicle : FXTi

LSX BRZ Empty
PostSubject: LSX BRZ   LSX BRZ Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:47 pm

LSX BRZ V8-brz

Shocked

Quote :
We’re going to change gears here for a second and talk about a car with almost zero muscle car qualities; the Subaru BRZ. The result of a joint effort between Toyota and Subaru to build a lightweight, affordable rear-drive sports car; the Subaru BRZ and its Toyota cousin, the Scion FR-S. Hard to hate on that idea, though the 200 horsepower boxer motor leaves plenty of room for improvement.

The stock flat-four boxer engine develops enough power to motivate the 2,700 pound BRZ in a spirited fashion, but what this car needed from the beginning was a big, burly engine option. Since Subaru and Toyota have both failed to provide more engine options though, it is up to the aftermarket to come up with an acceptable solution.In this case, improvement can be found in the form of a Pontiac GTO LS2 engine. Jalopnik posted this photo from speedshop Weapon’s Grade Performance of V8 engine in the tiny engine bay of the BRZ. This thing is gonna be sick.

Weapons Grade Performance decided that a LS2 engine from a Pontiac GTO was the best solution to their power conundrum, and as it turns out the engine fits quite nicely under the stock hood of a BRZ. The engine is still a long way from actually being a working power plant, and we’d hate to be the guy charged with wiring that sucker up.

But the end result should be nothing short of incredible, as the LS2 offers 400 horsepower in it’s most basic form…more than double the stock BRZ motor. Oh yes, there will be tire smoke…

Edit 12/14/2012: After taking a closer look at the engine, we’re pretty certain that it’s just a mock-up block in place with the intake manifold and valve-cover rails…telling us that they’ve still got a lot of work to go before this thing gets finished. Still, it’s a very, very cool project and we can’t wait to see how it turns out!

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/someone-finally-swapped-a-lsx-engine-into-a-subaru-brz/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=someone-finally-swapped-a-lsx-engine-into-a-subaru-brz
Back to top Go down
http://www.WVSubarus.com
2.5rs
Cowabunga!
2.5rs

Vehicle : 2007 Forester XT Sports

LSX BRZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: LSX BRZ   LSX BRZ Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 10:08 pm

Eh not sure if i like this. Haha
Back to top Go down
rocketman442
Troll

Vehicle : 99 2.5rs

LSX BRZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: LSX BRZ   LSX BRZ Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:34 pm

LSx is the new everything lol, I can dig it but I personally wouldnt do that particular car. I'd swap a fd rx7 or a 350z if I was going to swap a japanese car.
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye Abuser
Noob
Hawkeye Abuser

Vehicle : 06 WRX TR/ 95 TA / 97 Cobra

LSX BRZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: LSX BRZ   LSX BRZ Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 12:51 am

gotta love 6.0

Last edited by Hawkeye Abuser on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye Abuser
Noob
Hawkeye Abuser

Vehicle : 06 WRX TR/ 95 TA / 97 Cobra

LSX BRZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: LSX BRZ   LSX BRZ Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 12:54 am

http://www.jegs.com/p/Chevrolet-Performance/Chevrolet-Performance-LSX-454ci-620HP-Engine/1297513/10002/-1

my dream motor for my trans am
Back to top Go down
levilz
Vendor
levilz

Vehicle : 05 Silverado SS, 98 T/A, 84 Monte Carlo SS

LSX BRZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: LSX BRZ   LSX BRZ Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 11:34 am

I like it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.elzaperformance.com
Sponsored content